International Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management
Principles of risk and risk management in Financial Services
Practice of risk management in Financial Services
|This module introduces the principles and concepts of risk management in financial services, leading to an examination of how to classify risks in a financial services environment and the approaches that are used to identify, assess and treat them.
||This module explores the impact of the business environment on risk management in the banking and insurance sectors. Learn how corporate governance influences risk architecture, culture, appetite and tolerance.
How can the IRM help you in your career?
Watch the video below to hear how the IRM has helped Alexander Larsen CFIRM in his career.
Barclays, RGA and IRM: Better staff, better business
|Vicky Gray, Head of Learning, Leadership & Talent for Technology at Barclays shares how Barclays and the IRM have worked together. Barclays have signed up 68 members of staff to take our qualifications via a group scheme.||Socrates Coudounaris CFIRM, Executive Director (ERM) at Reinsurance Group of America, and Deputy Chair of the IRM, shares his experience of putting his Risk Oversight Lead through IRM qualifications.|
- The course consists of two modules which you will study together. Each module will be assessed by examination. You will sit your exams for both modules in the same exam period.
- It provides an entry route into the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management.
- After completing the certificate you will be able to use the internationally recognised membership designation IRMCert. This is the first step in becoming a Certified Member of the IRM (CMIRM).
- Students have two years to complete the Certificate modules from the date of enrolment.
Entry requirementsYou do not need any prior qualifications to start your studies in the International Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management; however, students are expected to have some knowledge of risk management tools and techniques.
In addition to online distance learning, we have launched a blended learning option for students who prefer a more interactive learning experience. These student-centered workshops will reinforce your understanding of the material and help you develop the practical skills needed to put your learning into practice.
Examination Dates, Centres & Policies
For more information on exam dates, the locations of our exam centres and for all other exam details, please go to:
- Standard rate: £1,995
- Member rate: £1,795
- Reduced rate: £1,715 (for low GDP countries)
What is included
- Examination fees.
- Core text eBooks and study materials.
- Access to the online student resource centre - ‘The Study’.
- Access to a module coach and online LinkedIn study groups.
- Free IRM membership for the duration of your study.
- Automatic upgrade to IRMCert member upon successful completion.
This qualification is the stepping stone onto the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management, the gold standard in Enterprise Risk Management qualifications.