Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
For all other enquiries please contact email@example.com
Group aims and objectives
The core purpose of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Special Interest Group is to identify, develop and share good practice in the area of practical embedding of ERM within organisations.
Specific areas of interest
- Understand commonalities/differences in perception of what ERM stands for
- Development of international good practices within ERM
- Successes in ‘making the case’ and engaging with management
- Demonstrating benefits from ERM implementation
- Methods of demonstrating embedding of ERM within organisations
- Sharing of experiences with the use of specific frameworks, tools or technologies
- Discussions on a range of specific ERM issues including methods for aggregating risks, reporting risks and defining risk appetite
- Development of ERM training and communication programmes
- Successful development of a risk aware culture
- Methods of measuring improvement in ERM over time
- Facilitating benchmarking between organisations
- Using financial metrics to anchor ERM valuations
Cyber Risks and information security - CANCELLED, NEW DATE TBC
With growing dependence on technology and changing threats in cyberspace, it is increasingly difficult to find an organisation that doesn’t identify information security as a principal risk. Whilst it’s one of many risks on the register, the management of such an elephant is vast. How can risk managers work with the risk owner (arguably the CIO, Head of IT Security, Operational leads or even CEOs) to come to grips with this mega risk? What does the Board need to know? How does an Audit Committee gain assurance? What are the current external threats and internal challenges?
We’re delighted to have Oisin Fouere, EMEA Managing Director and Head of Cyber Defence Practice at K2 Intelligence share his views. We are also looking for a generalist risk manager and/or an IT Security risk owner within a business who are happy to share their insider views and experiences. If you’d like to speak at this event, please do get in touch.
We’ve invited two speakers to share their views:
- Oisín Fouere, EMEA Managing Director and Head of Cyber Defence Practice at K2 Intelligence
If you would like to attend please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Each IRM SIG has a dedicated discussion forum, allowing you to discuss issues and network with members across the world.
Visit MyIRM for more information and to download presentations from previous meetings.To join an IRM group, you need to log in or register.