There are several membership grades within IRM. All of them give access to our full range of member benefits.
- Certified Membership (CMIRM) is the professional membership grade of IRM. You can find out more about Certified Membership here.
- Student membership is for people studying on one of our qualifications. Membership is automatically included in the fee for our International Certificates; a separate membership fee needs to be paid by people students of the International Diploma. You can also apply for free student membership if you are studying risk management at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
Free student membership is available if you are studying risk management at undergraduate or postgraduate level at a university or other institute of higher learning. Download an application form here »
- Certificate membership (IRMCert) is automatically given to those who have completed either the International Certificate in Enterprise Risk Management or the International Certificate in Financial Services Risk Management.
- Graduate membership (GradIRM) is given to those who have successfully completed the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management but who have not yet upgraded to Certified Membership. Learn more about how to upgrade here.
- Technical Specialist membership (SIRM) is for people who demonstrate specialist knowledge in a specific risk-related discipline, such as business continuity, crisis management, health & safety, insurance, project risk management or security.
- Affiliate membership is open to everyone with an interest in risk management who does not wish to take a professional qualification. It’s ideal if you need access to IRM resources to help you in your role straight away. The quickest and easiest way to join is online.
Group membership scheme
If your risk management function has 10 people or more, you can enroll them under one group scheme for one fee and discounted subscription rates. This investment by employers supports the professional development of risk managers within their organisation.