Become a member and join our network
Whether you're new to risk management or an experienced risk professional, IRM membership will help you get ahead and stay there. You'll join over 6,000 risk management professionals across all industries, in the public, private and not for profit sectors.
Join us and you'll benefit from a host of networking and professional development opportunities. You'll also have access to a wealth of articles, guides, reports and other practical tools and resources to develop your skills and keep you up to date.
There are a number of different ways that you can become a member of the IRM community:
- Affiliate membership is for people working in or having an interest in risk who want to access IRM resources and take part in networking and learning opportunities.
- Student membership is for people studying on one of our qualifications. Membership is automatically included in the fee for our International Certificates; a separate membership fee needs to be paid by people students of the International Diploma. You can also apply for free student membership if you are studying risk management at undergraduate or postgraduate level.
- Technical Specialist Membership is for people working in a specialist area of risk who want their experienced recognised by the leading body in Enterprise Risk Management. Technical Specialist members of IRM may use the designation “SIRM” after their name.
- Certified Membership is our highest grade of membership, open to risk professionals who have either successfully completed the International Diploma in Enterprise Risk Management or demonstrated via their experience that they have mastered the theory and practice of risk management.
- Group membership schemes are available for risk teams of 10 people or more.